- Plan unforgettable weddings and events
- Work with one of the fastest growing wedding and event companies
- Full-time planner role available, with option to work from home
At Nūdo, we are not only an amazing team of wedding planners, caterers and event designers, we also manage four of Melbourne’s top wedding venues, namely The Button Factory, Chapel 1885, The Wool Mill and Gather & Tailor. Our venues range from traditional wedding venues to outdoor gardens or small spaces to host your micro-wedding.
Above all, we care about the experiences of our customers and our team. We take the time to understand our customers’ vision and what matters most, and when the day comes, we bring it all together to create the kind of experience our customers and their guests will love for years to come.
Experience above all. This is our slogan at Nudo.
About the role
Nudo planners champion our company value of “Experience First” as leaders of the customer journey and bring their vision to life. Planners are one of our customer-facing teams, which means they have the biggest impact on what customers think and feel about their trip with Nudo – it’s so important to us! They are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the customer journey are flawless, from the first Meet & Greet meeting to meeting and collaborating throughout the day.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage a client portfolio ranging from virgin hire, room hire and large-scale planning clients by building strong relationships, staying on top of every step of the planning process, communicating regularly with clients and always managing expectations;
- Lead the event planning process by understanding customer vision, meeting with customers throughout their journey, booking vendors and vendors as needed, writing and communicating roadmaps and event plans floors spotless, updating budgets and making sure all billings and payments are organized and seeing the planning through to completion. delivery by working on event days;
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the customer journey to ensure everything is on track, understand Nudo’s services and products to sell to customers throughout their wedding journey and help resolve problems before they appear;
- Ensure that all administrative processes are completed on time and of high quality and support senior planners in administrative tasks when their workload is high;
- Support the planning department by identifying continuous improvement opportunities and continuous improvement
What experience candidates will need to be successful in this role:
To work in events, you have to be able to thrive in a bit of chaos, perform under pressure and above all, put the needs of the customer first. After all, we are planning and executing one of the most important days in people’s lives! If you don’t dream of being JLO in The Wedding Planner with headphones on, running around arranging people for the greater good of love, this probably isn’t the role for you! Other useful experience includes:
- 1-2 years of experience in a planning or administrative role, with a client-facing element included in their role
- Experience working in a team and working with internal departments
- Experience working with vendors or external vendors
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a bit of chaos!
- Previous hospitality experience (desirable)
- Experience in the event/wedding industry (desirable)
Qualifications, licenses or other requirements:
- Must be available to work one shift per week, either a weeknight or a weekend;
- Valid Victorian driving license and ability to get around town in own car;
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Why work with us
At Nūdo, we work hard and laugh a lot. Yes, we’re professionals who strive for outrageous goals, but if it’s not fun, we’re doing it wrong! Some of the benefits of working for us include:
- Work-life balance encouraged with flexibility around hours and options to work from home
- We have wellness and social committees to keep our team engaged, valued and celebrated
- Work at one of our locations in our studio-style office
- Evolve in your role as we grow. At Nudo, we are interested in recruiting people who want more from their job than just what is written in their job description. We want thought leaders and innovators of all kinds.
Instead of us telling you why you should want to join our bad ass team, here’s what some of our team members have to say about why they work with us:
- “I like the culture here. By far the best cultural experience I have had in the workplace”
- “Honestly, I love working for Nudo because I feel like I’m part of something great!! The vision of the co-founders is so inspiring and I’m grateful to be part of something so beautiful and modern that will conquer the world of events.
- “You are continually seen, heard and challenged to become the best version of yourself and explore what ignites your soul on fire”
- “Nudo is not only focused on growing its business, it is also focused on growing its people”
How to register
For more information on this role, please contact Lauren Barrah, People and Culture Manager at [email protected] or 0433 314 467.
If this role has piqued your interest, please click “Apply” on this advertisement and submit a CV and cover letter detailing your interest in the position. Also feel free to jump in and visit our website https://nudo.com.au/ and social media to better understand who we are and what we believe in.
Closing of applications on August 7, 2022.