Wedding Photographer

Here’s how much wedding flowers really cost

While how much you spend on wedding flowers will depend on your decorating decisions, The Knot reports that $2,300 was the average amount paid in 2021. Of respondents surveyed, 70% said they use a wedding florist . The remaining 30% probably used floral packaging for the site or made their floral decor.

If that seems like a high number, remember that flowers tend to play a constant role in the wedding. In addition to centerpieces and reception decor, there are also bouquets, boutonnieres, and other personal flowers to consider (by Zola). Although the rule of thumb is to allocate 10% of your budget to flowers, the personal cost of your wedding day will depend on the amount and type of flowers you choose.

Depending on your own budget, you might consider forgoing a florist to cut costs, but there are many advantages to having your floral arrangements handled by a professional. According to Pop Up Blooms, florists work closely with the bride and groom to achieve the desired theme and envisioned atmosphere for the ceremony and reception.

Along with their helpful knowledge of flower arranging, they also take care of the flowers in the days leading up to the wedding, prepare the personal flower arrangements, and generally deliver and break down the flower wedding decor.